Surname: Boer, de
Address: 2514 CV Den Haag
Date of birth: June 6, 1988
2019 – Present | Team Lead SEO at Takeaway.com
- Currently leading the global SEO team and focusing on the strategy to stimulate organic growth for all Takeaway.com marketplaces.
- Next to my daily SEO job I lead the renaming of our Austrian marketplace from Lieferservice.at to Lieferando.at (web & app) in October 2019. I was making sure that all the 24 teams from every department (not only marketing) were aligned and ready to deploy. This was by far the biggest project I ever coordinated and went far beyond the making of new marketing campaigns. It involved everything from the delivery bikes you see on the roads up to the connection devices between partner restaurants and our marketplace.
2015 – 2019 | Senior SEO specialist at Takeaway.com
- High focus on technical and on-page search engine optimization for all operating countries of the Takeaway.com marketplaces. Where I’m trying to balance between user engagement, CRO and SEO with the ultimate goal to increase organic growth but also provide a pleasant user experience with an a/b tested funnel.
- Hands-on experience with multiple 500k+ pages site migrations in different countries. E.g. the integrations of the massive Just Eat and Delivery Hero platforms.
- Creating data driven decisions and insights for each of the various 200k+ daily visitor’s platforms as mistakes can lead to a high loss of capital.
- Training and educating colleagues from various departments via workshops or personal guidance (not only in SEO, also in Google Analytics, dashboarding and tracking).
- Extensive analyzing of tracking data and spotting problems are all in a nowadays job.
- Most recent review rating in 2019 – “exceeds expectations”
2013 – present | Owner of Wayfaring
- Under the Wayfaring flag I’m building online travel platforms to test, learn and evolve my skills. Just take a look on Tokyo.nl on Colombia.nl. The websites are my AREA54 to test the limitations of the web and Google. On average my sites process around 200k visitors a month. Don’t worry, everything is automated and most of the work is outsourced.
Fun detail: the biggest organic link wins are from CNN.com, huffingtonpost.com, vanderbilt.edu, nationalgeographic.com, telegraph.co.uk, gp.se, journaldemontreal.com, CrazyEgg.com, Emerce.nl, fox43.com, fox5sandiego.com and many more.
2011 – 2014 | SEO consultant (A.I.) at Schipholtickets.nl
- Freelance SEO consultant at one of the larger ticket re-sellers in The Netherlands. Mainly focusing on on-page SEO but also helped creating an proper link-juice infrastructure.
2010 | Online Marketing trainee/assistant at Electronic Arts Inc.
- My bachelor thesis was based on improving the content usability of electronicarts.nl, which would result in an increase of online orders. It was rewarded a grade 8 by The Hague University and Electronic Arts. Afterwards, I stayed as an online marketing assistant helping out with various online campaigns and keeping the website up-to-date.
2009 – 2010 | Digital Marketing assistant at The Hague University
- Market research and CRM both to expand public awareness among students, teachers and employees. Also applying the findings to the design and content for the website and the narrowcasting system located in The Hague University.
2013 – 2014 | Master Policy Communication and Organization
VU University Amsterdam, Master of Science. GPA: 7.0
Graduation thesis: micro, small-medium sized enterprises and their corporate social responsibilities (CSR) while influenced by innovation and entrepreneurial orientation.
2012 – 2013 | Pre-Master Policy Communication and Organization
VU University Amsterdam, preparation for Master of Science title. GPA: 7.0
Graduation thesis: variations in satisfaction, trust, and loyalty when physical and/or online contact is applied in the tourism branch.
2006 – 2010 | Bachelor Information and Communication Technology
The Hague University, The Hague. Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology. GPA: 7.5
Graduation thesis: Improving online conversions and website visitors engagement on http://www.ea.com.
My own projects
SEO: Extensive knowledge of technical & on-page optimizations. Able to analyse and improve starting, medium or epic traffic volume websites (hands-on knowledge of 200k+ daily visitors sites) and large site migrations.
PPC: for my own platforms I use Google Adwords, Facebook advertising and Bing ads to promote and evolve them to the next level. I’m keen on getting the highest quality scores and lowest CPC as possible. Re-marketing is also part of my sales funnel to get that extra conversions.
Affiliate: my own platforms all run on affiliate marketing, CPM or lead deals. Due to this I’m familiar with the basics of affiliate marketing and can implement any feed, banner or tracking code.
SEO tools: Prefer to use Majestic, Searchmetrics, AWR cloud, Screaming frog, Next Analytics, Google Analytics Premium, Search Console, MySQL, SensorTower.com and ChangeDetection.com. Also able to use Moz, BrigthEdge, Rank Tracker, Ahrefs and PuTTY. Did I forgot something?
Measuring tools: Familiair with Optimizely, Hotjar and Crazyegg.
CMS: WordPress (able to recreate everything), Joomla (advanced), Vignette, Scala, Drupal and Magento.
Dutch – Native tongue
English – Full professional proficiency
German – Reasonable conversation and reading
Social – structured – positive attitude – planner – analytical – critically – independent – team player – logical ruling – inquisitively – reliable
Currently – running, gym and playing football.
In the past – basketball and athletics.
Online developments, gadget hunting, news, traveling, blockchain, history, nature and creating new websites.
Nominated for the HOT100 year 2010 on PICNIC for most talent student in my area of expertise (online communications) by The Hague University. http://virtueelplatform.nl/activiteiten/hot100-2010/
In the possession of a Dutch driver’s license B.